Abobo (Abidjan) Drinking Water Distribution Network Optimization Project (NRW)
(2022-02-01 - Ongoing Project)
Water distribution optimization including:
- - Network sectorization in measured distribution sectors with flow measurement chambers at each sector entrance and exit.
- - The pressures control with the construction of pressure-reducing valve chambers.
- - Replacement of undersized pipes.
- - Network extension in underserved areas.
- - Installation of cast iron overhead pipes or buried HDPE pipes with anti-pollution barriers in areas at risk of health hazards.
- - Replacement of all connections with new connections and all meters with smart meters.
- - The replacement of mechanical meters at the outlet of the boreholes with electromagnetic flow meters.
- - The installation of a continuous leakage monitoring system on the large-diameter supply pipes.
- - Sensitization of the population to ensure that good practices are maintained after the work has been completed.