Wenchi Water Supply Project
(2021-12-01 - )
The system includes:
- - Concrete weir on Tain river.
- - Raw water catchment on Tain river.
- - Raw water main HDPE OD450 - 1 km.
- - New treatment plant (13,000 m³/day).
- - Treated Water Pumping Station (12,500 m³/day, 250 m).
- - Treated water main DI DN 400 - 13 km.
- - New elevated storage tank (2,300 m³).
- - 63km distribution network to supply water to 12 communities.
Services provided by ASPAC:
- - Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA),
- - Detailed designs and construction documentation,
- - As-built-documentation.
- - Training of GWC staff (O&M, network management and improvement, SCADA - telemetry - PLC programming);
Construction and installation of equipment:
- - Intake weir.
- - Raw water intake.
- - Raw water pumping station.
- - Water Treatment Plant (sand trap, cascade, flocculation tank, lamellar sedimentation tank, gravity sand filtration, backwash buffer tank, treated water contact tank, sand drying beds, sludge drying beds, reagents dosing systems.
- - Clearwater and backwash pumping station.
- - Connection to the power grid.
- - Construction of distribution networks.